Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Saturday in Memphis

Last year we decided that we would each take one of the weekend days to plan activities. Bryce gets the odd days and I get the even ones. We started Saturday by going to the local farmers' market. It was a good thing that Bryce is persistant, b/c it was very difficult to find. I was hot, hungry and grumpy- I was willing to give up. But, we found it and I bought a small basket of exceptional peaches, yummy! Much to Bryce's chagrin, I also bought a few zuchini and squash. (How do you pluralize those???)

After grocery shopping and buying school supplies we drove in to Memphis to the Liberty Bowl for some sort of University of Memphis "Tiger Fans" celebration. The idea is that you can mingle around with the football team, get autographs, and buy your season tickets. We just wanted to see the stadium and be a part of a unique Memphis experience.


Bryce and the Liberty Bowl stadium, just look at the sea of blue! I should have taken a picture of the parking lot, there was Memphis memorbilia EVERYWHERE.

I wanted a good picture of a big lineman and a little kid getting an autograph. I took several and didn't really like any of them. Too bad.

This is "Pouncer" the mascot. Who names their mascot Pouncer?? Can you guess where the longest line in the stadium was??? Yep, you got it... to get Pouncie's autograph. You gotta love the kids!

No comments: